Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Recent Buys

Fall time is my most favorite time of the year. I love the trees changing colors and the wonderful fall days when it is just warm enough to wear a sweatshirt while raking leaves. Okay, I don't enjoy raking leaves and it is so amazing for someone that has no trees in her front yard on how many leaves I have to end up raking. Okay, maybe it is a pay back for when I did have the most amazing maple tree that changed into the most fabulous colors. Course, we decided to build a planter box around the base of this old maple tree and ended up killing it. Oh well...

So, to add to my enjoyment of fall time I picked up "Harvest Time" by Prairie Schooler at my local stitch shop.

http://www.prairieschooler.com/books/bk93.htm

Sorry, I don't know how to add a picture from their website to my blog.

Also, I picked up an old pattern from Waxing Moon Designs called "Autumn Minis" since it had a really cute turkey that I think I will stitch into a pincushion.

I also enjoy doing Redwork and went out to review the patterns at Crab-Apple Hill Studios. Take a look at this link of the really cute Snowman that I purchased.

http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/items/411_vintage_candy_cane_snowman.aspx

I will have to jump into doing this one as soon as possible. It will make a really nice Christmas gift as a pillow for a special friend.

I know that I haven't given you much of an update on my stitching progress but I should be just about done with Blackbird Design "Blessings & Kind Wishes" which is from their Loose Feathers collection. Stay tuned since I did change the fabric color and it is turning out really nice.

Well, I wanted to give a small update on what is happening since I have heard that I don't post enough.... Enjoy Ladies... More to follow.

No comments: