Saturday, November 20, 2010

November Snowman Progress

Wow, almost forgot to stop all of my stitching progress and update my blog for the past several weeks. I have been so busy concentrating on getting A to Zzzz Snowmen done that I forgot to let you in on my progress. Next month is our last class and we will be getting the last two letters. I am anxious to find out more about finishing this into a quilt for next year's Christmas decorations. We did discuss a bit about doing some hand quilting and since this is not my area of expertise I think I will give it a try. We did get the material for the inner border and it is amazing. It is candy canes.


Instead of showing each of the following letters that I have finished I have put them into a grouping so that it will be easier for me to post.

I forced myself to go back to the letter E and F and finish up the fly stitch that I really didn't feel good at doing. After getting it done I am a bit happier. The letter M for Mittens is done except for the fly stitch so I need to pull it back out and get it done also. This project has been so much fun that I have signed up for another one next year at the same shop. This time we are going to color the designs instead of stitch them. So, stay tuned to hear about my ability to color.


A couple of weekends ago I did set aside a fun weekend just devoted to cross stitch. I pulled out Christmas Eve that I had recently gotten the material and threads for from Shepherd Bush. They had a picture on their blog of a conversion of the material and threads that I just loved. I am almost done with it and hope to finish it up on "BLACK FRIDAY" evening. I figured this would be a good treat for relaxing after a busy Thanksgiving week. Here is what I have done so far.
I was waiting for a good bright day to take a picture of my "Skeleton Crew" that I had done by Jill Rensel in Utah. Today seemed like a good day but it looks like my shot is a bit blurry. Sorry, but I think you can still see how wonderful this project looks with the great matting, cutouts, and frame. It will be sad to put this away until next year.

I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. May your travels and time together be a safe and happy time.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Babs, I love your Alphabet Snowmen stitcheries! They will make a fabulous Christmas quilt.