Monday, April 11, 2011

Slow Progress

It is always amazing to look at all the stitching blogs and see how fast you all stitch. Well, if you are waiting and looking at mine you can take a nice long catnap.  Sometimes it is so hard to find the time to sit down and stitch.  We have been busy with the day to day activities of life and by time I find a few minutes to sit down and stitch it is around bedtime.  Course, my favorite time to stitch is early on Sunday morning during all of the wonderful cooking shows.  I won't even mention how bad I am at updating my blog.  I think you know if I update it at least once a month I am doing good.

Here is my current progress on the three projects that I have going on:


Flag Day by With Thy Needle


Winter Wonderland by Blackbird Designs


Sunflower Star by Laura Perin

It is funny to look at the first one - Flag Day and imagine it would look better if I got her head done.  This one is going slow for me since I am using a frame to stitch on.  I am use to stitching without one so that I can sew instead of stab.  This one is going to look really nice once I get it done.

Recently DH and I spent a weekend in Kohler, Wisc at The American Club.  Kohler has a really neat design center of all their fixtures, sinks, tubs, and toilets.  What is really special is that hotel also has some of the really neat products in the rooms.  Our room had the most beautiful sinks.  Isn't this the neatest!!!



We had a wonderful time and used this weekend to celebrate the event of getting engaged 20 years ago.  The hotel was so sweet and made us a treat with our dinner to celebrate.


We will have to go back in two years when we are ready to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary.  I hope they don't remember us so we can do this treat again.

Okay, need to hit some stitching time before bedtime and make better progress of my 2011 project list.  Have a good weekend and enjoy your stitching time.

1 comment:

Lelia said...

beautiful stitching!!!

What fun to go out of town ; ) I like those quick trips to ANYWHERE BUT HOME with my DH.

We usually over plan everything + I'm exhausted once home.

Always, L