Monday, December 7, 2009

Finish

Don't you just love Blackbird Designs!!! I do and I am so excited to have this one finished. I have to admit that the day I picked up this pattern "Midnight Watch" and material I ran home quickly to start it. It took me about 5 weeks to finish this one but you have to keep in mind that between day to day activities kept me from finishing this one quicker. For me this is still record time. There is a lot of stitching to this one. Also, if you pick up this pattern beware, you will need extra skeins of blackbird. I purchased three skeins and it took at least 2 1/2.

After finishing this up I did head on to a Christmas picture. This is "Miss Snow Fairy" by With thy Needle & Thread. The fabric looks so old fashion and the DMC threads are looking really good against it. I would have never been able to make this selection on my own. I hope to finish this one quickly and maybe even frame it myself. With all the tips I have seen on different blogs my mind is racing with ideas. I love blog reading.

Hmmm, the dogs have left the room and are way too quiet. Time to see what they have gotten into. Good night dear friends and happy stitching.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think this is the first one I've seen finished and it is just as gorgeous as I thought!!! LOVE IT!

Sharon said...

It looks fabulous! Congrats.