Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Latest Stitching Progress

When it is so hot outside there is nothing better than curling up on the sofa in a cool house stitching.  I have finally found some time in the past couple of evenings to pickup my sewing.  Course, I had to make a few trips to the LNS to get some new projects to work on even though I still have tons in my stash to get accomplished.  Added to my started projects are:

The latest Loose Feathers - Summer from Blackbird Designs.

I started this Sunday evening.  I think this is going to be a lot fun since the next two releases of the series will be added onto this piece of fabric.  Cool idea.

Next up is Thine is the Trick and the Treat by Prairie Moon. 

I love this fabric which is called "Relic". I am using something new for me from ThreadWorx.  The color is an overdyed Black.  It looks great.  This is how much I got done on Saturday after getting home from the LNS with my new purchase.

The prior weekend I spent time with my friends at a stitching retreat.  JBW and Lizzie Kate were the teachers.  What a great time.  I did get the project done from JBW. It is a really neat needle case that is very easy to stitch up and is in a completed needle roll.  What a great idea for those that are not as handy doing finishing.  That's me!!!!!



It is always so much fun to spend stitchy time with the girls.  I just wished we had more stitching events to go to that are close to home like this one was.

The last item I cannot wait to share with you is a special project that my SIL completed for my mother.  The picture used for this project was the stain glass window at our church.  She took a photo of it and sent it away to be charted.  What else is really neat is this was done on 14 count vinyl.  AMAZING.....


The detail on this is perfect. She had to add in a lot of outlining to accent each piece of glass that is in this window.  I never thought this could be done on 14 count.  I am so used to linen that I couldn't imagine doing this on anything else to get the effect of the window that she did.

Hope you are all staying cool in the awful heat.  You know it is bad when you cannot get your dogs to outside.  They are totally happy staying in front of the vent letting the cool air blow over their fur.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your projects are beautiful! I love the relic too! The piece your sil did is amazing.