Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Stitching

Due to the heat wave I have been spending more time this past week stitching.  On Saturday morning I went to House Of Stitches in LaPorte to work on our past October project by Ellen Chester called "A Lady's Worke Box".  I really love how this project is coming together.




Here are a couple of the pieces that I have finished stitching and the progress on the house that will be on the front of the finished box.  This project is amazing and I cannot wait to get it done.  But, I have to say that I am also very excited to take two more classes this October from Ellen Chester.  Linda from House of Stitches is having Ellen Chester back to teach two more of her teaching projects.  Please use this link www.houseofstitches.com to House of Stitches and click on events.  Linda has several more spots available and I can promise you it will be a great weekend.  The other plus is Linda's shop is just down the road from the retreat and her inventory is AMAZING.  So, think about it and come join us.

I am also busy working on two online classes.  The first one is from Amy Mitten called "Needleworker's Pocketbook".  Here is my progress.



This is a very detailed project and has been hard to put down.  I am trying to rotate thru my projects so that each one I have to get done this year will be accomplished.

My other online class is "Buttons A Bounty" by Jackie Du Plessis.  Sorry, no progress to share yet since I just got started today.  Maybe with my next post you will see more.

Recently I was able to find a pattern from a friend of a design that is out of print.  It is "A Patriot's Sampler" by MidSummer Night Designs.  I saw this design on display at Attic Needlework's shop last January and have been trying to find.  I was lucky to find someone from my local shop that had the pattern.  Thank you Teresa, I am truly enjoying this pattern!!!!!!




Again, I am truly hoping that after you read my blog today you will go over to House Of Stitches and sign up for the Ellen Chester Retreat.  Note, you can also sign up for one of the two days if that fits your schedule better.  Reach out to your stitching buddies and make sure they take a look at these beautiful projects and sign up.

Well, time to stitch before heading to bed.  More to come of my rotationaly projects.

3 comments:

Cathy B said...

Love everything you are working on!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful projects!
The Amy Mitten piece looks interesting.
As I do not see an e-mail address, would you be willing to sell A Patriots Sampler when done?
I've been looking for that design for 3 years now.
I've contacted The Attic and variuos shops with no reply. :(
Thanks!
Marilyn
Murf_2@ameritech.net

Brigitte said...

Such great projects you are working on at the moment.