Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dinky Dyes - Celtic Knotwork Cross



Well, after successfully completely the latest Loose Feathers Design - Rites of Spring I jumped into a new project that I though would be a quick weekend project. Well, look at these pictures and let me know what you think. Hint: this involved a lot of frogging and today is Tuesday.
Working with Dinky Dyes is such a treat. I did discover to keep the pattern of variegation going and to stay in line with the chart I had to work threads up both sides of the cross evenly. I found this out when the lines crossed over and they didn't match. This pattern has a lot of quarter stitches in it which I have to say I have not done in years. So, that added to my challenge of staying in line. I am using three strips of highlighting tape to mark my progress on the chart.
On a lighter note: I just returned from a fantastic retreat put on by Moss Creek Designs. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging retreat this is one not to miss. I had the opportunity to take a class from Jane Timmers - Fancywork, Jackie du Plessis - It's Fine-ally Finished, and of course Rae Iverson of Moss Creek Designs. The class sizes were wonderful and the projects are amazing. I have a lot of work ahead of me in completing them and learning some new stitches. I know that this will be a repeat retreat for me in the future. Plus, I had to chance to travel out by family and enjoy time with them. So, two wonderful events at once - stitching and family.
Well, it is off to work on this cross again. Good evening and good stitching.


10 comments:

Gwen said...

Hi Babs,
Your cross is looking very good. Sequensting is not of my favorite ways to stitch. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment about your blog on Spinster Stitcher. I started a stitching blog in April and am starting to get more visitors and have some thoughts for you.

I think in spinster stitcher’s case, a friend of hers with a popular blog recommended that people go to her page. That’s how I found her… and that’s how I found your page. I think people appreciate comments, and if you leave a comment and you are new, people will click on your URL to visit your blog. I know I do that when I see new people leaving comments for me. Click on links to other people’s blogs from blogs you regularly read. If you see something you like, leave a comment. Other people who read the comments may have interest in something you say and visit your blog…

Are you a member of any stitching related bulletin boards? Being part of an online community where people get to know you helps draw readers to your blog, especially if you post about a new finish or work in progress update picture along with your blog URL. I think most of the people who read my blog are friends that I made on bulletin boards.

Also, try to post at least once a week…. some ideas…. Older projects, a full post about a LNS you like, how you got into stitching, your favorite designers with pics of things you’ve stitched by them.

Try some of these ideas and you will probably see your hits go up!

Andrea said...

Hi Babs...I came via Coni's blog too after hers was recommended.
I can only repeat what indystitch has said and I'm here commenting to prove that it does work. Enjoy your blogging and I'm sure you'll find more people come and have a look.

Carol R said...

Hello Babs
I came to visit via Coni's blog too.
I agree with indystitch and Andrea - visit other blogs - leave comments and people will make return visits.
Have fun blogging.

Lelia said...

Hi Babs: Awesome project you have going. I can see how the color changes are being kept similar on both sides. Good job GF.

Are you going to the L.Markovic class, too? I'm looking forward to that one.

Heard about your blog via Marjorie [moonsilk stitches] and NANI newsletter.

Sharon said...

Hi Babs, welcome to blogging! I love this cross-very pretty!

Christina said...

HI! I saw the link to your blog on Spinster Stitcher, hope you don't mind that I visit. I love your cross, great floss color too.

Unknown said...

Hi Bab's
You're blog and work look great,I hope to start a blog soon.
By the way, we enjoyed having you here with family!

Coni said...

Fabulous! Thank goodness for the good advice you got on launching your blog further into cyber-space...I was clueless and funbled my way through it! As for the July class...YES! Please sign us up! My email address is conijorich@aol.com if you could send more info? I'll call Linda at HOS now to get what she has. Ciao, bella!

Anonymous said...

Babs - I may also be interested in the July 12 class. Can you send me more details?

My e-mail is in the About Me link on my blog.

Thanks,
Holly