Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HELP


I am in need of some advice. The picture at the top of my blog is a valentine pattern from Hinzeit that I did several years ago. I did not put glass on it since I have had issues in the past with other ones in which the charms have moved and I cannot get them back in place due to the glass. Well, the charms on this have tarnished and I am not sure what to do to clean them without having to take this framed piece apart. So, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear about them.

No stitching done this past weekend. What a drag. Between cleaning, visiting, and taking care of sick puppy this was not a stitchy weekend. I hope to make that up quickly.

2 comments:

Lelia said...

Honestly, I have no idea, but hope somebody has good advice for you.

Laura said...

I LOVE your valentine sampler - and the framing is exquisite, too. As for the tarnished charm problem... I never would have considered that problem, after you have the project stitched. Can you put a piece of cardboard behind each charm, and then polish them up - carefully? And, for some reason, I seem to remember eons ago, someone/somewhere saying to dip charms in clear nail polish to coat them and protect them before attaching. But I haven't tried it.... or even know if that's a real option (0r just a vague hallucenation of mine) Just a thought, anyway....